Brand Activation and Marketing Manager (Events)
Who are we and what do we do?
SituLive is changing the way people discover, experience and choose lifestyle products forever by creating an immersive store experience which launched in London, Westfield in September 2021. A new physical and digital retail format that blends the editorial strength of lifestyle magazines with the sensory energy of live experiential action.
We are looking for the innovators, disruptors and imagineers who want to help change the future of retail by focusing on brand immersion and experience through the medium of live story telling. We are bringing some of the magic of theatre to how we shop for lifestyle technology products by offering curated experiences across a physical and digital retail format and you will lead the high engaging teams supporting visitors to our experience.
What this opportunity offers you:
Significant career opportunities on a national and international level
This is a lifestyle, not a job. In your perfect job, it shouldn’t feel like work
Opportunity to meet, engage, network with global brand leaders/influencers/contacts
The ability to inject your own experience and creative flair to help reinvent retail
The chance to manage a highly energetic, creative team of people within a venue
Participate in a structured, fun and informative recruitment process
Being a part of the SituLive philosophy of promoting health, wealth and meaning for everyone every day. Encompassing our attitudes….
1. Challenge the Status Quo
2. Be very human
3. Create small innovations
4. Act with humble confidence
What is my role?
To drive high volume of visitors into Situ Live venue at Westfield London and then later this year our 2nd venue. Longer term this role will evolve into revenue generating role through the events and activations you create.
This is a truly unique role aimed at an individual who has experience in creating events or activations, working closely with external facing clients and communicating events effectively – both with venue teams and externally.
What's expected of me in my role?
- Lead the creation of events and activations at our Westfield retail venue
- Sell in and brand liaison of event and activation ideas
- Ability to take creative ideas and recruit / brief the right suppliers to execute ideas
- Lead the in venue production of events and be on site as the key point person for all events.
- Ability to create compelling window activations to drive footfall into the venue
- Reporting into our Growth Manager for social media you will work to ensure comms is strong to promote any in venue activations or events
- Responsible for working with centre management team and the Westfield community of retailers to define partnerships to drive additional awareness and visitors to Situ Live
- Define and create Situ Live community plan to drive awareness and visitors into our venue
- Ability to write high quality briefs to get the most out of our agencies and in house teams
- Responsible for all client and in venue staff communications
- Budget management
What key skills should I have?
- Strong understanding of what it takes to engage the public
- A good people communicator
- Creative mindset
- Understanding of marketing communications, specifically community marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and influencing external clients
- You will need to live by our core values of honesty, inspiration, simplicity and drive.
- You will look to bring out the best in your team and demonstrate humility, maturity, and consistency in everything you do.
What experience should I have?
- We are looking for someone who has experience in a combination of the following:
- You have been responsible for creating events and activations either agency or client side. You’ll have a strong understanding on what it takes to make an event happen (concept to production)– this includes finding the right suppliers and executing events end to end
- Agency events or activations background ideally
- Client side event creator (must of done the ground work too)
- Producer (freelance) but wants to expand into a more rounded role
- Has worked in house for hotels or clubs to create events