LG – National Retail Development Manager (Independents)
The story so far…
We are an ambitious team that expects a lot from ourselves and from those we work with. We work hard but never forget to celebrate our success and recognise our achievements.
Being a part of this team means being an expert in a specific Retailer, with full understanding of commercial impact. The role is building retailer and client relationships to maximize brand awareness through best practice to achieve the sales targets.
What we offer you.
The role is a key part of a large and successful team offering a great step towards an Account Management role
Full initial and ongoing product and brand training
Career progression potential, this role exposes you to key contacts within the Client Head Office and directly with retailers
A challenging and fulfilling role that will enhance your personal development working with a successful global brand
Management level company car
Development plan with people coach
What is my role?
Salary: £25,000 + Company Car + up to £3,000 annual bonus opportunity
Working: Monday – Friday
Contract: Full time, Perm
Reports to: Account Manager
Region: this is a national Field based role covering England, Scotland and Wales.
Your location: Applicant location can be London to the Midlands, allowing easy access to the client head office in Weybridge when required.
What's expected of me in my role?
- To call upon independent retailers across the nation to develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders
- Tailor your approach to each retailer on an individual basis, appreciating that you will need to adapt your style to understand and meet their needs
- Within this role you will essentially be a Coordinator, Facilitator, Project Manager and Relationship Manager and harness those responsibilities with pride and confidence
- You will facilitate your clients needs and create action points to be communicated to the field team
- You are the link between the Retailers, Field team and LG Head Quarters
- You will identify opportunities and develop a commercial proposition to present to clients
- Execute new client projects within retailers
- Expert of your retailer’s structure, commercial agreements and competitive position in the market
- Manage all activity within your retailer, providing insight
- Attend regular client meetings, (virtual & F2F) ensuring visibility to drive relevant actions
- Manage Issue Log and follow up on all actions – reporting back and providing solutions to the Independent clients
- Create end to end client reports for your retailer & deliver to key stakeholders
- Commercial awareness of retailer and competitor activity
- Increase brand advocacy through relationships (field visits)
- Effective communication with the wider team, collaborative working.
What key skills should I have?
- You will have a consultative approach to your clients
- You will have a natural flair for problem solving and have a solution focused, flexible mindset
- Demonstrate the confidence to build and nurture relationships at all levels adapting your style to suit key stakeholders within the independent Retail sector, contacts within the LG Head Office and all members of the LG field team
- Ability to interpret data, providing insight and suggestions
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage schedule and prioritise tasks
- Forward thinking approach to all tasks - evaluate, review and follow up
- Ability to adapt communication style to all levels with high standards of professionalism
- Apply a logical and analytical approach
- Results driven with an understanding of return on investment
- The ability to multitask and flex priorities as needed in a fast-paced exciting environment
What experience should I have?
- Covering the Nation mean you must be confident and able to drive long distances and be flexible to have overnight stays as part of your role
- You would have ideally already gained field experience, covered a territory or worked multi-site
- Experience providing solutions and monitoring the impact of those
- Working with technology products would be beneficial
- Client facing experience is advantageous
- Experience within a consultative role demonstrating the ability to communicate at all levels with a high standard of professionalism