Retail Marketing Group – Account Manager – Reading / Hybrid
Retail Marketing Group – Account Manager – Reading/Hybrid
Salary: £35,000-£38,000 (depending on experience) + Car Allowance
Working: Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm
Contract: Full Time, permanent
Location: within 90 Minutes of Reading / Remote
Reports to: Account Director/Commercial Director
Here at RMG we live and breathe our three values: Energy, Entrepreneurial spirit & Unity.
We are looking for an Account Manager to achieve client satisfaction and retention by understanding the clients retail objectives, designing and managing the delivery of field sales and marketing solutions to achieve success against the agreed measures and KPI’s. You will need to develop strong relationships and a deep understanding of the client’s business, the retail environment and the RMG service proposition to identify the needs and opportunities that exist. Success will be achieved through your ability to consult with the client, collaborate with the RMG team and your brilliant management of the field team operation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To build and deliver the ambition, vision and strategy for your client which is aligned with their overall objectives
- Build a high performing team through great leadership, clear direction and motivation to achieve your commercial objectives
- Effectively communicate business and account objectives with your team, ensuring measures of success are established and frequently reviewed
- Take the lead on the engagement and satisfaction of your team, acting to improve results from their feedback
- Deliver excellent client and brand experiences, managing operational requirements to develop the best results
- Nurture your client relationships and seek to broaden the stakeholder entanglement within RMG
- Understand the financial performance of your account and partner your Finance Business Partner to identify and enable the right actions and grow margin and control costs
- Pro-actively drive sales of research and insights for your account and ensure delivery of your services
- Effectively manage your internal and external stakeholders, ensuring management information, engagement data, service delivery and client satisfaction information is understood, shared and actioned appropriately
- Ensure your account complies with contractual obligations and corporate governance as required by the business
- Where appropriate, seek opportunities for other business opportunities
- Increase the awareness of the RMG brand and reputation within our industry
What key skills should I have?
- Previous experience managing a field team (National experience is not essential, however advantageous)
- Strong experience in field marketing, understanding of consumer electronics and retail knowledge
- Decisive analytical skills with commercial awareness and critical thinking.
- An understanding of what good leadership is and the natural ability to motivate others.
- Confident with MS suite products to ensure high level reporting execution and content.
- Professional interpersonal, communication and genuine relationship building skills.
- Can multi-task and assess priorities with excellent time management.
- Flexible, adaptive and can cope with priorities changing.
- An Account Management role within Field Marketing is Essential
- A data approach to account management and a proficient user of Power Bi (or similar reporting tools)
- Follow Analytic processes, create reports to deliver insight and learnings from the data
- Experience within the technology sector would be advantageous
- Experience of translating commercial strategies into effective activities delivered through others
- Experience managing budgets and financial performance
- Experience of effective project Management with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels
- The ability to influence using data.
- The ability to identify opportunities and activate them
- The ability to visualize and communicate solutions
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to work with a global leading brand
- A challenging and fulfilling role that will enhance your personal development
- Working for an agency that really lives and breathes their core values
- Initial and continuous support and training to get the very best out of you and your role
- Private healthcare
- 25 days of annual holidays on top of the typical festive and bank ones, of course.
- Extra day off for your Birthday
- The chance to meet and collaborate with colleagues on a regular basis at a mix of engaging venues
- We encourage flexible working and work life balance matters to us. We offer an extended 90 minute lunch break, encouraging everyone to take time away from their screen and are supportive of day-to-day family needs