SituLive – Venue Manager, White City, London
Situ Live – Venue Manager – White City, London
Salary: £40,000 + 10% Bonus
Working: Full time – 5 Days from 7 Days
Contract: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Westfield White City London
Direct reports: Accountability for a team of up to 50 people
Situ Live is a brand-new immersive shopping experience which launched in London, Westfield in October 2021.
We’re bringing the magic of theatre to the High Street. Situ Live is a real-life retail playhouse where products are brought to life through interactive store design, live demonstrations, exciting events, and expert storytelling. Visitors then scan a QR code to buy the products
The venue showcases a world-class collection of brands from the likes of Maserati, Oculus, Fitbit, Sonos, Lenovo, and Bosch to cutting-edge companies with innovation you won’t find in other stores.
At Situ Live we have a fully kitted-out kitchen, functional gym, and live stage, where we host a variety of events and activations – from cooking demonstrations with celebrity chefs to exclusive product launches. As such we are looking for an imaginative and detail-orientated Venue Manager to drive and develop our venue crew, leading from the front.
Who are we and what do we do?
Let’s set the scene and give you a taster of the environment you will be working in:
You are part of the leadership team of a large venue in Westfield Shopping Centre with a series of bespoke curated environments.
The venue floor has a team of highly energetic and passionate individuals, working collaboratively our leadership team to ensure the world class running of the venue and tech team for that all important tech backup.
Situ Live London opened in October 2021 is the first venue of its kind to kickstart a new generation of venues which offers customers an immersive experience with a wide range of home technology products ranging from Home Entertainment to Gym equipment and all that’s in between.
The store hosts 6 staging areas each with a different theme where live events/shows/acts/demonstrations take place.
What this role entails:
- This is not just store management, this is a revolution in retail. You will provide hands on direction to venue teams to provide an immersive in venue experience.
- Being a world class leader who can inspire, provide day to day inspiration and motivations to our story tellers and demonstrators.
- Ensuring slick and professional operational delivery through the management of staff scheduling, training, security and maintenance
- Budget responsibility
- Building partnerships with brands
- We are looking for someone who has experience in any, or a combination of the following:
- We are particularly interested in those with a people management experience within retail preferably technology focused
- High profile event management
- World class customer service experience in boutique or specialist locations
About you (this part is key):
- Cool under pressure you will pull rabbits out of hats, make problems disappear and generally be an all-round ‘can do’ operator
- You will need to be a creative, high energy, driven and dynamic individual.
- Be able to prove that you can execute and drive our vision through your team to drive success.
- Have experience in one of the previously mentioned areas.
- Passionate about technology/brands/retail/events
- Experienced people manager who understands how to get the best performance out of people every day
- Be able to understand people and engagement and embody the company culture.
What this opportunity offers you:
- Significant career opportunities on a national and international level
- This is a lifestyle, not a job. In your perfect job, it shouldn’t feel like work
- Opportunity to meet, engage, network with global brand leaders/influencers/contacts
- The ability to inject your own experience and creative flair to help reinvent retail
- The chance to manage a highly energetic, creative team of people within a store
- Participate in a structured, fun and informative recruitment process