SituLive – Store Manager – White City London
Salary: £50,000 + 10% Bonus (based on KPI performance)
Location: Situ Live Venue, Westfield White City London Store
Working: Full time, 5 days across 7 (flexibility to work additional hours around events is required)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Direct reports: 2x Assistant Managers and accountability for up to 30 members of staff
Who are we and what do we do?
Let’s set the scene and give you a taster of the Venue you will be working in:
SITU LIVE is a new immersive shopping experience where products are brought to life in a unique and inspiring way. We launched at Westfield, London in October 2021. We are the home of innovation where the very best and latest products are showcased in life-like theatre sets and where live demonstrations take place to show how products work before consumers then QR scan them to buy.
At SITU LIVE we have a fully kitted-out kitchen, functional gym, and live stage, where we host a variety of events and activations – from cooking demonstrations with celebrity chefs to exclusive product launches.
Overall purpose of this role:
This is an exciting role where your Store Management and People experience will be used to create a retail experience like no other for customers visiting our venue. We are looking for a remarkable leader to empower the team to help develop and guide them to reach success. The purpose of this role is to build a harmonious team who can offer customers new experiences and drive incremental footfall into our physical venue.
What this role entails:
- This is not just store management, this is a revolution in retail. You will provide hands on direction to store teams to provide an immersive in venue experience.
- You will provide hands on direction to store staff to provide an immersive in venue experience for our brands and consumers.
- Being a world class leader who can inspire provide day to day inspiration and motivations to our story tellers and demonstrators.
- Ensuring slick and professional operational delivery through the management of staff scheduling, training, security, and maintenance
- Championing our consumer engagement and experience models, leading from the front.
- Accountable for our total venue delivery including recruitment, staffing levels and budget.
- Build key partnerships with brand partners, our benchmark is gold standard.
We are looking for someone who has experience in any, or a combination of the following:
- We are particularly interested in those with a people management experience within retail specifically tech related, but it isn’t essential (ideally 3 years)
- High profile event management (ideally 3 years)
- World class customer service experience in boutique or specialist locations
- Building successful fast paced retail teams
- Exposure to working with some of the biggest CE/Lifestyle brands on the planet
About you (this part is key):
- Cool under pressure you will pull rabbits out of hats, make problems disappear and generally be an all-round ‘can do’ operator
- Experienced people manager who is an expert in people development and who understands how to get the best performance out of people every day
- You will need to be a creative, high energy, driven and dynamic individual.
- Be able to prove that you can execute and drive our vision through your team to drive success.
- Have experience in one of the previously mentioned areas.
- Naturally passionate about technology/brands/retail/events
- Be able to understand people and engagement and embody the company culture.
- Passion for all things creative – We are an experience venue, events centre, content house and everything in between
What this opportunity offers you:
- Opportunity to work within an award winning store, voted “Best New Store 2022” by Retail Week.
- This is a lifestyle, not a job. In your perfect job, it shouldn’t feel like work
- Work in a venue surrounded by world class brands such as Maserati, Oculus, Fitbit, Lenovo, and Bosch, with innovation you won’t find in other stores
- Opportunity to meet, engage, network with global brand leaders/influencers/contacts
- Significant career opportunities in a growing start-up
- The ability to inject your own experience and creative flair to help reinvent retail
- The chance to manage a highly energetic, creative team of people within a store
- Participate in a structured, fun and informative recruitment process
- We are equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Being part of the Situ Live philosophy of promoting health, wealth and meaning for everyone every day
- Encompassing our attitudes… Challenge the Status Quo, Be very human, Create small innovations, Act with humble confidence