Storey Business Development Executive – Remote
What is my role?
The past 18 months have seen us evolve our business to adopt a ‘digital first’ mindset allowing us to connect brands with consumers through both physical and digital channels. Out of this evolution the business developed a software product called Storey Arc to facilitate the digital consumer relationship. Brands such as Epson and Jabra are now successfully connecting with the online customers through Storey. We are now looking for an exceptional Business Development Executive to support our ambitious growth plans.
This role will be accountable for identifying leads, starting conversations, and securing high quality meetings with targeted companies who would benefit from our digital commerce solutions. This role will have a strong focus on quality of lead progression, ensuring each communication is of a high standard and tailored to the needs of the recipient to represent the consultative business that we are.
What's expected of me in my role?
- Lead generation/qualification by matching companies to clear criteria set.
- Documentation of the lead generation process within software provided.
- Diligence in quality, frequency, and consistency of outreach communications.
- Arrange meetings between active leads and the sales team including full brief on communication history, company insight and individual knowledge.
- Make recommendations to the business based on learnings taken from your conversations including competitor insight, barriers to sale and product developments.
- Utilise LinkedIn for brand news/updates/product launches
What key skills should I have?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for your own work.
- The ability to self-motivate and apply a pro-active approach.
- Resilience and perseverance towards your goals.
- Self-awareness and empathy to adapt your style to each person you engage with.
- Intelligent management of multiple stakeholder relationships.
What experience should I have?
- Sales experience desirable but not essential, it is more about the way you reflect our values requiring demonstratable entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and accountability for your actions.