Venue Technician – Westfield, White City
We are looking for 2 part time Technicians to join our team.
SituLive is changing the way people discover, experience and choose lifestyle products forever by creating an immersive store experience Westfield launching in September 2021.
A new physical and digital retail format that blends the editorial strength of lifestyle magazines with the sensory energy of live experiential action.
We are looking for the innovators, disruptors and imaginers who want to help change the future of retail by focusing on brand immersion and experience through the medium of live story telling.
We are bringing some of the magic of theatre to how we shop for lifestyle technology products by offering curated experiences across a physical and digital retail format and you will lead the high engaging teams supporting visitors to our experience.
Let’s set the scene and give you a taster of the environment you will be working in:
You will be part of the support team of a large venue in Westfield Shopping Centre with a series of bespoke curated environments.
The main floor will have a team of highly energetic and passionate actors and performers, two assistant venue managers to ensure the general running of the store and two technicians for that all important tech backup.
Situ Live London will be the first store of its kind to kickstart a new generation of stores which offers customers an immersive experience with a wide range of home technology products ranging from Home Entertainment to Gym equipment and all that’s in between.
The store will have 6 staging areas each with a different theme where live events/shows/acts/demonstrations will take place, often with celebrity guests to interact with
What this opportunity offers you:
Location: Westfield White City London Store
Working: Part time, 2 days per week covering a venue open 7 days per week
Significant career opportunities on a national and international level
This is a lifestyle, not a job. In your perfect job, it shouldn’t feel like work.
Opportunity to meet, engage, network with global brand leaders/influencers/contacts.
The ability to inject your own experience and creative flair to help reinvent retail.
The chance to work with a highly energetic, creative team of people within a store.
Participate in a structured, fun and informative recruitment process.
What is my role?
The Venue Technician is responsible for technical support for all internal network facilities and products displays.
You'll have a range of responsibilities and will be both hands on as well as thinking about the future needs of the venue.
This role is likely to be customer facing at times and as such you should be comfortable in communicating with customers in a professional and engaging manner.
You will be responsible for the set up and technical support of our live events and retail stages including maintenance and upkeep.
This role is critical to our proposition and our always on approach to live customer engagement - cool under pressure you will pull rabbits out of hats, make problems disappear and generally be an all-round ‘can do’ operator
What's expected of me in my role?
- You'll be adept at identifying problems and coming up with solutions.
- We don't expect you to do everything yourself though, so managing a list of 3rd party suppliers will also be crucial.
- You'll be interested in the latest technologies and will keep abreast of any improvements that the business could make.
- Strong understanding of networks, IT infrastructure and product displays.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Attention to detail & ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
What experience should I have?
- We are looking for someone who has experience in any, or a combination of the following:
- Smart devices.
- Network infrastructure.
- Wireless network management.
- Connected home ecosystems.
- Audio and visual solutions.
- Troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Delivering great customer experience.
- Experience of managing physical inventory in dedicated venue locations.