At RMG we have built a business formed of industry experts with experience across agency and client side who understand the challenges that global brands face. Whilst the last year has brought its challenges, our business is bouncing back with an ambitious and exciting plan for growth.
In response to market changes, we have significantly evolved our service offering and we are now looking for an exceptional strategic Commercial Director to act as an agent of change for our customers across digital and physical retail. Delivering sustainable long-term solutions, with a lens on changing behaviours of consumers, you will help our customers evolve their strategies and transition from relying just on traditional retail to the reality of digital first customer commerce.
A natural leader, collaborator, and influencer you will lead our internal client teams and champion a digital first mindset in your direct reports to help drive engagement, growth, and development in our exciting ‘work from anywhere’ culture. As a director in the business, you will help set the direction, driving forward the business, modelling our values and behaviours, and coaching and developing members of the team.
What's expected of me in my role?
- Inspire and lead a team to deliver agreed sales and profitability targets for the Company.
- Lead the construction and delivery of commercial plans and objectives for each service proposition.
- Ensure the client service functions have the understanding & relationships required to deliver future focused solutions that transform our clients’ businesses.
- Create a sales organisation that maximises revenue on existing propositions whilst successfully developing and cross-selling new digital first offerings.
- Play an active role on the senior leadership team, providing strategic direction that helps us evolve and continually improve our propositions in line with changing market conditions and consumer behaviours.
- Create and maintain senior management relationships with key clients (new and existing), gaining a depth of understanding of their challenges that enables the identification of potential solutions for our combined growth.
- Be a challenger. Question the status quo and bring disruptive thinking and fresh ideas borne out of experience and an inquisitive mindset that will improve our propositions and drive the business forward.
- Develop a high performing team that delivers amazing results and remains highly engaged whilst adapting to our work from anywhere culture.
What key skills should I have?
- Entrepreneurial mindset and excellent leadership skills.
- Pragmatic, result orientated approach with an eye for commercial detail.
- Skilled communicator able to present technical and strategic proposals.
- Flexible and agile, can cope with priorities changing.
- Strong ability to build emotional connections, both internally and externally.
- Ability to analyse budget/pricing proposals with strong negotiation skills.
What experience should I have?
- Experience leading the commercial delivery of a technical product.
- Experience delivering B2B sales.
- Proven success winning pitches with an innovative and digitally led approach.
- Experience leading a business through digital transformation.
- Experience of delivering consumer or brand led execution strategies to drive commercial growth.
- Proven ability to manage workflows with multiple stakeholders in an effective manner.