We build emotional connections between brands and consumers.
RMG is a company that creates connections. Whether that’s between our colleagues, with the brands we work with, or with a customer looking for a great product…our connections are what make the difference.
By working in partnership with world-leading brands such as LG, Huawei and Intel, we’re responsible for creating, planning and executing incredible experiences for customers.
We don’t work in silos, and our Finance team is integral to everything we do, helping the business deliver results by ensuring we have an understanding of our performance and what drives those outcomes.
Accurate financial information is fundamental to the decision making and success of our organisation and the Junior Accountant role is responsible for ensuring that foundation is robust and reliable.
This role is a key contact for external stakeholders, working closely with our suppliers and our customers.
Within this role you will gain exposure to many aspects of RMG’s finances, working closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant as well as providing essential services and support to the wider organisation.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring timely receipts from customers, accurate payments to suppliers and maximising our credit terms
- Responsible for the purchasing process, providing training and support on purchase orders, approvals and the management of purchase orders
- Processing supplier payments on our accounting system and through the bank
- Support the Management Accountant with the payroll process
- Processing monthly staff expenses
- Responsible for weekly bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the year-end audit
- Providing ad hoc support to the finance team
- Providing cover where applicable
- Supporting the preparation of the monthly management accounts, specifically owning the closure of accounts payable
What a great candidate looks like:
- AAT starter/part qualified or equivalent experience
- Ability to solve problems
- Attention to detail
- Thorough and organised
- Proven ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of using Excel to an intermediate level
- Prior experience of using accounting systems is beneficial but not essential
- The right person for this role will be able to show their agility in how they approach tasks and how they think about the challenges we face within finance and the wider business
- Everyone brings a different perspective and the successful candidate will bring originality to the role, new thinking to the department and foster that mindset in the team
- With a mix of internal and external stakeholders you will need to “get under the skin” to appreciate and understand the issues facing our business and our clients, allowing you to provide meaningful insights, advice and industry leading finance support
- It is crucial to be results driven in this role, not just delivering on these responsibilities but in facilitating the delivery of company-wide goals and objectives
- At RMG how we deliver is just as important as what we deliver. Making emotional connections builds stronger working partnerships and gives real purpose to what we do.