New Business Development Lead
Love the thrill of the chase?
RMG is a company that creates connections. Whether that’s between our colleagues, with the brands we work with, or with a customer looking for a product that will change their life, it’s our connections that make the difference. With over 16 years of experience and heritage in Field Marketing, at RMG we are continually looking to the future, always evolving our solutions and seeking new ways to solve client challenges. Integrating data, insight, digital and experiential thinking into what we do is helping us develop a fully integrated approach that our clients love. We already work with incredible brands that include LG, Facebook, Jabra and Epson, to name just a few.
Now we’re looking for an ambitious and tenacious New Business Lead to drive our growth strategy in 2021 and beyond. If you’re an energetic leader who thrives on identifying opportunities, making positive connections and building relationships that generate spectacular results, then this is the role for you.
Whilst the last year has brought its challenges, our business is bouncing back with an ambitious and exciting plan for growth. The New Business Development Lead will play a critical role in driving this growth strategy and bringing it to life in the consumer electronics sector and potentially beyond. With accountability for lead generation across our varied and ever-evolving set of solutions and services the ability to network effectively, create positive connections and convert chat to sales will all be hugely important. If you love the challenge of identifying opportunities and providing win /win solutions then this could be the role for you.
What is my role?
• Create and drive a new business strategy to meet agreed targets & KPIs
• Build and maintain a client prospect database with a strong initial focus on consumer electronics, brand experience and field marketing activity
• Use existing network and other tools to facilitate pitch opportunities for the business
• Collaborate with in-house teams to develop appropriate new business materials and manage outbound campaigns
• Provide tailored information, market insights, and demonstrate client sector expertise.
• Play a key role in the pitch delivery process from content creation to meeting participation
• Help us continually evolve our pitch approach and materials utilising relevant client feedback and case studies
• Meet or exceed agreed targets whilst staying true to RMG’s core values and ways of working
• Understand the wider consumer technology market and keep up to date with trends and where the market is heading, helping to inform our future business development
• Establish close collaborative relationships across RMG in order to deliver on the above
What key skills should I have?
- • Highly adept at building emotional connections
- • Excellent communication skills at all levels
- • Articulate and credible presenter
- • Strong stakeholder management skills
- • Excellent negotiation and influencing ability
- • Able to generate and deliver insightful thought leadership content
- • A high level of accuracy and great attention to detail
- • Highly organised and able to manage a complex set of competing priorities
- • Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What experience should I have?
- • Strong experience of delivering a successful new business strategy within a fast-paced environment
- • Led end-to-end new business development including client relationship management
- • Extensive experience of networking and building relationships with senior stakeholders
- • Proven experience of winning new business and meeting targets
- • Proven experience of effectively managing a P&L and budgets
- • Experience of disrupting a market, either as an existing or new business