RMG – Performance Marketing Executive – Berkshire
Here at RMG we have emerged from the recent global challenges with a spring in our step and an ambitious, exciting plan for growth. As we continue to grow our team, we are looking for individuals who embody our core values of Energy, Unity and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
What is my role?
RMG are creating a data-driven Marketing Team with the clear goal of acquiring new customers and ensuring our marketing investment is driving incremental value.
We have a sizeable and growing social media following to engage and that ever-present need to track, understand, and improve our performance. That’s led us to create this new role that would be ideal for someone who wants to get stuck in and make a major contribution to our continued growth.
Using the full marketing mix including content, social media, email marketing, digital assets and website management this role will help us execute end-to-end campaigns and will require a creative marketing whiz, who has hands on performance marketing experience across an array of digital channels.
What's expected of me in my role?
- Manage and update website content, with a clear test and learn plan to optimise click through rate and drive client conversion, using A/B testing, changing creative, copy, format, etc. to improve ROI and performance
- Support website improvements with the implementation of PPC and SEO campaigns across the RMG websites, using Google Analytics reports to deliver insight and learnings
- Be hands-on with implementation, ongoing management, and optimisation of PPC campaigns, driving our customer acquisition strategy through paid digital channels, primarily through Google Ads.
- Contribute to the RMG social media strategy to increase presence and engagement via our LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts, continuously testing, measuring, reporting and improving performance across all channels.
- Own our social media content plan and delivery driving interaction across each of our channels, through paid and organic content
- Deliver email campaigns via our email platform, from building to executing and providing regular reports on the success of campaigns
- Analyse and understand marketing data across different digital channels on a regular basis to make key informed decisions, building and explaining custom and scheduled reports
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key campaign/project metrics to manager, stakeholders, and team members
- Support the Marketing team with the delivery of events, creating digital campaigns to promote attendance and related content
What key skills should I have?
- Be able to think and act like an entrepreneur, spotting opportunities and finding solutions fuelled by a test and learn mind-set
- Be a driven, self-starter who enjoys learning and discovering answers
- Highly numerate and data-driven: able to analyse data with ease and draw conclusions and recommendations.
- Superb attention to detail when it comes to the delivery of accurate marketing copy, photography, videography, and design
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficient with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Google Analytics and Excel with the ability to extract insight from the data
- Experience collating and presenting results to wide audiences
- You need to be comfortable writing copy and proofing the writing of others, so excellent verbal and written skills in English are a given
- You are adept at managing multiple tasks, have worked out how to prioritise and learned how to say no
- Be a great relationship builder, able to communicate up, down and sideways
What experience should I have?
- 2+ years in a digital marketing role
- A Marketing / Digital Marketing degree / apprenticeship or relevant work experience within a digital marketing role
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, LinkedIn and Excel with the ability to analyse data, derive insights and make recommendations
- Experience in performance marketing with a good working knowledge of lead generation and driving B2B growth, designing and implementing successful digital B2B marketing campaigns
- Demonstrable paid search executional experience (1-2 years) and a proven track record setting up and running successful paid social and PPC acquisition campaigns from end-to-end, from campaign strategy to campaign build, through to optimisation and reporting
- Experience in creating and delivering thoughtful, engaging content
- You have developed reporting to ensure transparency of campaigns and allow constant optimisation
- You've executed campaigns end-to-end, from ideation and creation of assets to set up and optimisation
- Become well versed in measuring and tracking the KPIs that matter and acting on the results
- You’ve solved problems and found solutions when others would have given up
- You’ve communicated successfully with internal and external stakeholders, built relationships that last and shown you bring energy to every interaction
- Proved you’re valuable to a team and that collaboration is at your core